Certified TIA-942 Design Consultant CTDC® Course Overview
In this three-day course, the participant will learn how to design an ANSI/TIA-942 compliant data centre. It will provide a clear understanding of the requirements of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard and possible implementation variations. This course is well suited for all types of data centres, be it enterprise data centres or multi-tenant, third party data centres such as co-location, managed services and cloud service providers.
Port Moresby, Lae or Online
$ 8,775 pp ex. GST
The primary audience for this course are professionals involved with designing, building, maintaining and operating mission critical data centres and those who wish to attend the CTIA® (Certified TIA-942 Internal Auditor) course.
Participants must possess a valid data centre training certificate such as CDCP or any other approved equivalent. Please submit a copy of your certificate for verification upon registration for the CTDC course.
The 90 minute closed-book certification exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions. Candidates must achieve a minimum of 50 correct answers to pass the exam. Attendees who successfully pass the exam will receive the official ‘Certified TIA-942 Design Consultant’ (CTDC®) Certificate.
The CTDC certificate is valid for 3 years, after which recertification is required. Please see the Recertification Program for available options.
CTDC® is world-wide accredited by EXIN
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Learn to properly comprehend and apply the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard requirements and guidelines
- Understand the proper intent of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard to avoid both over- and/or under-investment
- Align the selection of redundancy levels and infrastructure investments to the business requirements
- Understand the criteria and requirements for a high-availability data centre design and how to effectively establish the data centre from the perspective of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard
- Understand how the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard relates to various worldwide standards
- – Introduction to Data Centre Facilities
- – About the ANSI/TIA-942
- – Data Centre Space Planning
- – Data Centre Topologies
- – Recommendations for Energy Efficiency
- – Architectural
- – Building Security & Safety
- – Building and Room Access
- – Room/Area Design Requirements
- – Electrical
- – Mechanical
- – Telecommunications