Certified Data Centre Facilities Operations Manager CDFOM® Course Overview
This 3-day course is designed to expose participants to in-depth knowledge in managing data centre operation which includes the following key subject matters such as; capacity planning, latest green initiatives, how to properly commission and de-commission equipment, compliance to safety standards, statutory compliance and international standards, managing people.
Additionally vendor management, handling incident/crisis management as well the how to keep operations really simple, manageable, effective and efficient will receive full attention in this course.
Port Moresby, Lae or Online
$ 7,800 pp ex. GST
The primary audience for this course is an IT, Facilities or Data Centre Operations professional working in and around the data centre (representing both end-customers and/or service provider/facilitators) and having responsibility to achieve and improve hi-availability and manageability of the Data Centre, such as: Data centre managers, Operations / Floor / Facility managers, data centre engineers, network/system engineers/data centre sales/consultants.
It is advisable for the participants to have some experience in data centre operations although it is not required. It is highly recommended to attend the CDCP® course before attending the CDFOM® course.
Attendees will take a one and a half hour Certified Data Centre Facilities Operations Manager exam. The exam is 60 questions, closed book and multiple choice based. The passing mark is 45 out of 60. Attendees passing the exam will be awarded the internationally accredited and recognized ‘Certified Data Centre Facilities Operations Manager’ certificate (CDFOM).
The CDFOM certificate is valid for 3 years, after which recertification is required. Please see the Recertification Program for available options.
CDFOM is world-wide accredited by EXIN
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Setup a data centre facilities operations team
- Manage and motivate your facilities management team
- Setup SLA’s and manage them including liabilities, KPI’s etc.
- Manage vendors and measure their performance
- Manage physical security taking into account requirements of standards such as ANSI/TIA-942
- Manage safety & statutory requirements
- Effectively and efficiently manage data centre operations
- Manage documents
- Setup equipment life cycle including testing
- Define data centre design limits and set-up and manage a proper capacity management plan
- Commission and decommission equipment
- IT cable management
- Manage the day-to-day data centre operations
- – The Data Centre Operations Team
- – Vendor Management
- – Facilities Maintenance
- – Managing Safety & Statutory Requirements
- – Service Level Agreement (SLA) Management
- – Managing Physical Security
- – Managing Daily Data Centre Operations/Floor Management
- – Capacity Management
- – Cable Management
- – Data Centre Cleaning and Pest Control
- – Data Centre Monitoring and Automation
- – Managing Documentations/Archives
- – Equipment Life-Cycle Management